Thursday, March 24, 2016

Do You Know Him?

Holy Week is a very special time of the year when we remember the most important event in all of history, The Death And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ who is the true Son of The One True God. We pray The Lord will grant you an anointed and blessed Holy Week.

Our message this week raises the question, "Do you really know Him?" Luke 19:28-41 describes the Triumphant Entry Of Jesus as He entered Jerusalem riding on a donkey near the Mount of Olives. The crowd along the route waved palm branches chanting, "Blessed is The King, who comes in the name of The Lord!" From all outward appearances, you would think this crowd knew who Jesus was! However, verse 41 says, "Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it." Why did He weep?

The crowd kept chanting what was a traditional greeting recited by pilgrims on their way to the Passover Celebration in Jerusalem. This chanting was the sign of respect for a royal person. They kept chanting "The King, The King" who they believed had come to rescue them from the Roman oppression. Jesus wept because He knew as they were praising Him, in a short time they would reject Him.

John 19:6-7 also illustrates how the people of Jerusalem did not know who Jesus was. As Jesus was on trial, Pilot said in verse 6, "I find no fault in Him." However, the crowd kept chanting, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him." 

They Did Not Know That This Same Jesus Was The Son Of God, 
Their Long Awaited Messiah And The Savior Of The World.

During this very special week, let me ask, "Do you know who Jesus is?" If you do not, please pray with me this most important prayer, "Jesus, I know I am a sinner, please forgive me of my sins, come and live in my heart, become my Savior and grant me Eternal Life with You in Heaven. Thank you Jesus, Amen."

He Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed, Hallelujah!
Frank

  

No comments:

Post a Comment