Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ezekiel 38 & 39 - Part Two

Last Sunday I heard a message about our God being a Sovereign God. What does this mean? It means our God is in total control of everything that He created. Isaiah 40:10 validates this concept when it says, "See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and His arm rules for Him."

We all need to understand this Biblical truth as we start our message this week. Last week we began our study of Ezekiel 38, 39 which describes the battle of Gog and Magog learning it  is totally controlled by our Sovereign God. We find this fact quite curious and raise the question why would a Sovereign God control an invasion of Israel?

Ezekiel 38:16,23 answers this question, "In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I show Myself holy through you before their eyes . . . And so I will show My greatness and My holiness and I will make Myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am Lord." The constant theme of these verses is that Jehovah God wants all mankind to know He is The Holy One Of Israel! He also shows His greatness in how He will respond to Israel's enemies.

How will Jehovah God show His greatness? Ezekiel 38:19,21,22 says, "In My zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel . . . I will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains . . . I will execute judgement upon him with plaque and bloodshed." God Will Show His Greatness By Defeating Israel's Enemies!

One last point concerning God's Sovereignty. Ezekiel 39:7 says, "I will make known My Holy Name among My people Israel. I will no longer let My Holy Name be profaned, and the nations will know that I The Lord am The Holy One of Israel." Please notice, God WILL NOT let His name be profaned any more in proving His Holiness.

As we are studying current day Israel to include battles in their future, I am reminded of Joshua 1:5 saying, "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you." Our Sovereign God will not forsake His people Israel!

May The Lord Bless You This Day And Everyday,
Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment