Thursday, November 29, 2018

The God Of Israel

Jehovah God brings a message of hope and restoration for Israel in the chapters 41-48 in the book of Isaiah. The basis for this hope is The Sovereignty And Majesty Of God. Of the 216 verses in these nine chapters, 115 speak of God's Greatness and Power. As we know of the current tenuous situation in Israel, we feel it appropriate to start a series of messages illustrating God's love, comfort, compassion and protection for His people Israel from chapters 41-48 of Isaiah.

Chapter 41 is entitled, "Comfort Because Of God's Greatness." Isaiah 41:8-10 says, "But you, O Israel, My servants, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham My friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'you are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

In verses 8 and 9, Jehovah God starts His message of hope by confirming that the Jewish people are His Chosen People. He chose them to be His Covenant People at Mt. Sinai to spread His love to the rest of the world. He encourages them by saying He had not cast them away; He is with them; He will strengthen them and He will help them.
 Certainly This Is A Message Of Hope! Hallelujah!

Currently, Israel is surrounded by enemies and has enemies living within its borders. However, Jehovah God brings an encouraging and hopeful message in verses 11-13 which says, "All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am The Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you."

In closing, this message of hope for Israel is a present and future time message. However, it can also apply to past events. Observe the following list of past enemies of Israel which Jehovah God has eliminated:

The Roman Empire . . . The Greek Empire . . . Nazi Germany . . .
The Babylonian Empire . . . The Spanish Inquisition . . . 
The British Empire . . . Russian Pogroms 

We Serve A Mighty God!

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Every Day,
Frank


        

No comments:

Post a Comment