Thursday, December 13, 2018

The God Of Israel - Part 3

This is the third message centering on Isaiah 41-48 illustrating the sovereignty and greatness of Jehovah God on behalf of His people Israel. Isaiah 42:1 says, "Here is My servant, whom I uphold, My chosen one in whom I delight; I will put My Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations." This verse raises the question as to who is "My servant and My chosen?" Isaiah 41:8 uses the exact same wording when talking about Israel.

Our message this week will answer the question - does Isaiah 42:1-9 describe Israel or their coming Messiah? I believe they refer prophetically to Jesus Christ, True Son Of The One True God And The True Messiah Of Israel.

Let me explain! Isaiah 42:1,4 mentions that The Servant will bring justice to the earth. This certainly is not happening now except to a very limited degree. However, true justice throughout the world will only happen when Jesus returns to earth and rules and reigns from Jerusalem. Revelation 19:11 says, "With Justice He Judges." Bless His Holy Name!

Additionally, Isaiah 42:6 says, "I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles." Notice Jehovah God will cause His servant to be a covenant for the people. Hebrews 10:9-10 explains that when Jesus died on the cross, "He sets aside the first to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." He came to establish a new Blood Covenant replacing the old Blood Covenant making all people holy as they accept Him as their Lord and Savior.

Lastly, Isaiah 42:7 says, "To open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison." This reference is about a servant who will open blind eyes and free prisoners. Only the love and power of Jesus Christ can accomplice these miracles. In Luke 4:18 Jesus was in the Synagogue in Galilee and quoted Isaiah 42:7. Then He said, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." Jesus Is The Servant Of Isaiah 42:1-9. Hallelujah!

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Every Day,
Frank     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment