Thursday, July 18, 2019

The Helper Of Israel

During The last six weeks, our messages have centered on Jehovah God establishing a covenant with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants. Genesis 12:1-3 were the foundational verses for these messages in which God said to Abraham:

I Will Make You Into A Great Nation {Israel}
I Will Bless You {Jewish People}
You Will Bless All Nations
I Will Bless Those Who Bless You
I Will Curse Those Who Curse You

This message is repeated 22 times in Genesis and this is why we gave it so much attention.

What is the current situation in Israel? Israel is still surrounded by enemies. Gaza is a small piece of land on Israel's South West border and is controlled by the terror group Hamas that desires to destroy Israel. They build tunnels into Southern Israel towns attempting to invade these towns. Hamas has thousands of terrorists storming the Israeli border and lately are burning tires causing thick, smelly smoke to roll over Israel.

On Israel's Northern border, the terror group Hezbollah has thousands of rockets and missiles pointing to Israel. Both Russia and Iran have troops in neighboring Syria. Iran also threatens to destroy Israel. Ezekiel 38, 39 prophesies that Russia will invade Israel.

How does Jehovah God respond to all these threats to destroy His Chosen People and their land? Isaiah 41 is called "The Helper Of Israel." In Isaiah 41:10-11 God encourages His People by saying, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengten you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish." God tells His Chosen People do not fear; I am your God; I will help you; your enemies will be disgraced and will be as nothing.

Israel desperately  and continually needs our prayers! Psalm 122:6 says, "Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem." This is not a suggestion, it is a directive from Jehovah God!

May The Lord Bless You And Kepp You This Day And Every Day,
Frank    

No comments:

Post a Comment