Thursday, September 26, 2019

Old Covenant . . . New Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31-32 says, "The time is coming," declares The Lord,  "When I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke My covenant, though I was a husband to them."

In our last five messages we have learned:

What Is A Covenant?
How Was The Old Blood Covenant Established?
The Old Blood Covenant Started As An Unconditional Covenant.
Jehovah God Changed It To A Conditional Covenant At Mt. Sinai.
God's Covenant People Could Not Keep The Conditional Covenant.

There was a problem with the Old Blood Covenant. Notice what Hebrews 8:7 says, "For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another." Additionally, Hebrews 10:3-4 says, "But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins."

What was the exact problem with the Old Blood Covenant? The sacrificing of animals was only a reminder of sins. It did not clear one's conscience of their sins and was not forgiveness of sins. As a result, Jehovah God says in  Hebrews 8:10, "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, I will put My laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be My people."

Next week we will start studying how Jehovah God established the New Blood Covenant and how we can all become partakers of the New Blood Covenant! Bless His Holy Name!

May The Lord Bless You This Day And Every Day,
Frank 






No comments:

Post a Comment