Friday, November 22, 2019

The Servant Of The Lord - Part 3

Last week's message established Israel or the Jewish People as a corporate Servant Of The Lord. Isaiah 44:1,2 says, "But now listen, O Jacob, My servant, Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what The Lord says - He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, My servant, Jeshurum, whom I have chosen."

We also established that Israel is called by Jehovah God to bring salvation to the world. Isaiah 44:8 says, "Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses."

These declarations may have come as a surprise to some readers. After all, we currently know that most of God's Chosen People do not know the identity of their Messiah. This message concentrates on answering these questions.

"Remember these things, O Jacob, for you are My servant, O Israel. I have made you, you are my servant; O Israel, I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you." - Isaiah 44:21,22. Jehovah God proclaims twice that Israel is His servant, that He will not forget them. However, God also says "Return To Me." There is a problem! Israel had turned away from God.

Isaiah 45:5 says, "I am The Lord and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me." This verse shows God declaring He is Lord and there is no other god besides Him. Then He proclaims, "You have not acknowledge Me." There is a problem!

Lastly, Isaiah 46:12 says, "Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness." Jehovah God is describing His Chosen People as being stuborn hearted and far from righteousness. There is a problem!

Israel, the Corporate Servant Of The Lord, to a large degreee, has not fulfilled its mission from God to be a "Light To The Gentiles."  Next week's message will start identifying the individual Servant Of The Lord who  brought salvation to the world. Stay Tuned!

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Every Day,
Frank

   

No comments:

Post a Comment