Thursday, May 7, 2020

"Comfort, Yes, Comfort My People!" - Part Two

This is the second in the series of messages about Jehovah God providing comfort to His people at all times even during the current pandemic. We learned last week that God brings comfort by defeating our enemies now and in the future. This week we will learn that God brings us comfort by being our Shepherd. Isaiah 40:11 says, "He will feed His flock like a Shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those who are with young."

There are a number of familiar scriptures that refer to The Lord as our Shepherd. Psalm 23 starts with "The Lord Is My Shepherd." What does a shepherd do? A shepherd continually watches over his sheep providing for all their needs. Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." 

Psalm 23:4 says, "Yea, Though I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil, For You Are With Me; Your Rod And Your Staff, They Comfort Me." Possibly, during this pandemic some of us have felt like we were walking through the valley of the shadow of death. We believe God is saying - Do not fear, I will always be with you, no matter what you might face in this life and I will bring you comfort. Hallelujah!

John 10:11 says, "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep."  Jesus, the true Son of the one true God came down to earth with the assignment from God to die on a cross. Jesus became the Shepherd of all of us and shed His blood and gave His life to provide forgiveness of sins to the lost people of the world. Bless His Holy Name!

We have learned in this message that God provides comfort by being our Shepherd. Additionally, we can receive the ultimate comfort from God by knowing Jesus as our Lord and Savior and knowing our sins are forgiven. If you are not a saved child of God, please pray this with me:

Jesus, I know I am a sinner,
Please forgive me of all my sins,
Please become my Lord and Savior,
Granting me eternal life.
Thank You Jesus.

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Every Day.
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment