Wednesday, June 23, 2021

"Then They Shall Know That I Am The Lord" - Part Two

Last week we started a new series learning that in Ezekiel 36-39 our Lord repeats continually the phrase "Then They Shall Know That I Am The Lord." We also learned why Jehovah God makes this declaration in addition to learning He is bringing His People back to Israel locating them on the Mountains of Israel.

We will now look at Ezekiel 36:28, 29, 31, 32 that says, "Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My People, and I will be your God. I will deliver you from all your unclean-nesses . . . Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good . . . Not for your sake do I do this," Says The Lord God.

There are numerous messages from our Lord in these verses. Initially, God reminds His People "You are My People and I am your God." Then He reminds them that He will cleanse them, their land will be fruitful and they will remember their evil ways. Jehovah God then ends these messages by proclaiming, "Not for your sake do I do this." Why would Jehovah God make such a statement?

Our Lord continues this important message by saying in Ezekiel 36:33-36, "On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will also enable you to dwell in the city and the ruins shall be rebuilt. The desolate land shall be tilled instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass by. So they will say, 'This land that was desolate has become like the Garden of Eden.'"

Again, our Lord is presenting multiple messages. He reminds His People He is cleansing them and they will dwell in rebuilt cities. Jehovah God then proclaims He rebuilt the cities so the nations surrounding the Mountains of Israel will know The Lord God Almighty Accomplished This Task! What A Mighty God We Serve!

In closing, what have we learned in this message? Jehovah God is bringing His People back to the Mountains of Israel; He will cleanse them but He did not do this for their sake. He desires for all surrounding nations to know He is The One who rebuilt the cities.

Why did Our Lord accomplish all this? Ezekiel 36 ends with this proclamation:

Then They Shall Know That I Am The Lord! 

Amen And Amen!

Lord Bless And Keep Us In Your Tender Care,

Frank     


No comments:

Post a Comment