Thursday, March 31, 2022

Current Day Israel - Part Two

This message will begin our study of Romans 9-11. Paul is the author of Romans having the primary message of attaining righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. However, the majority of God's Covenant People have not attained this righteousness. This is the main subject of these chapters but there is a God Ordained ending to this story: 

"All Israel Will Be Saved."

Romans 9:1-3 says, "I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh."

These opening verses of Romans 9 are entitled "Paul's Sorrow." Paul is explaining that he has great sorrow and grief in his heart for his brethren, the Jews. Why is this so? His brethren have not attained righteousness! Praise The Lord for Paul and his love and concern for his "Unsaved  Brothers and Sisters." Every time I read Romans 1-3, I realize I have a long way to go to attain this same type of love for unsaved people. 

Then Paul defines his brethren in Romans 9:4 "Who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenant, the giving of the law, the service of God and the promises." Paul answers the question of who are the Israelites by describing all that Jehovah God provided for them to empower them to be His Chosen People. What exactly were they chosen to accomplish for Almighty God? Isaiah 44:1,8 declares, "Yet hear now, O Jacob My servant, and Israel whom I have chosen . . . do not fear, nor be afraid; have I not told you from that time and declared it? You Are My Witnesses!" 

Jehovah God chose the Jewish People to be His Witnesses worldwide  proclaiming He Is Lord, Redeemer, God! However, throughout Israel's history there has been a hindrance preventing His Chosen People from completing this task. This is the primary theme throughout Romans 9-11. Stay Tuned!

Blessings,

Frank  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment