Thursday, January 11, 2024

A House Divided

Luke 11:17 says, "A House Divided Against A House Falls." As we start this message, we need to ask ourselves the following question "Do you believe every word in the Bible is God-Breathed and applies to every second of our lives?" If we answered yes, then we witnessed Luke 11:17 happen recently in Israel resulting in dire consequences.

Just prior to the events of October 7 Israel was a "House Divided." There were in the streets of Jerusalem thousands of people marching and demonstrating over the issue of the authority of judges. Had judges become too powerful for the Government of Israel? As we observed this turmoil, we wondered is this really happening in Israel? Were the events of October 7, 2023, a result of Israel becoming "A House Divided?"

We cannot even attempt to answer this question. Only Jehovah God knows, He is the sovereign Lord over all situations! He knows the end from the beginning and everything in between. However, we can pray fervently that God will bring the Gaza situation to an end sooner rather than later. Our Lord God has won for Israel every war they have fought, this one will be no different, it is just a matter of how and when.

"The Lord Our Helper." {Psalm 54}

"Save me, O God, by Your name, and vindicate me by Your strength. Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth. For strangers have risen up against me, and oppressors have sought after my life; they have not set God before them. Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life. He will repay my enemies for their evil. Cut them off in Your truth. I will freely sacrifice to you; I will praise Your name, O Lord, for it is good. For He has delivered me out of all trouble; and my eye has seen its desire upon my enemies."

May each of us make sure God is our helper and that:

"OUR HOUSE IS NOT DIVIDED!"

Blessings,

Frank  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment