Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Future of Israel - Part Four

Last week we took a break in our study of Israel's future and learned of an urgent need for prayer regarding disturbing news of the treatment of Jewish people living in the Ukraine. I trust you have been praying daily and ask that you continue since this urgent need for prayer has not ended. News reports this week reveal a Jewish mayor of an Ukrainian city has been shot and is fighting for his life. Keep praying!

Back to our study of Israel's future. "Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it. . .therefore I poured out My fury on them. . .so I scattered them among the nations. . .when they came to the nations, wherever they went, they profaned My holy name." Ezekiel 36:17-20. As I read these four verses, I either get confused or angry or both. Our Lord God miraculously brought His covenant people out of Egypt; parted the Red Sea to rescue them; provided for all their needs as they wandered in the wilderness and brought them into the Promised Land. How did they respond?

They defiled the land of Israel and The Lord poured His fury on them and scattered them among the nations. Then they profaned His holy name in the nations in which they lived. Today, all of us can learn much from this brief history lesson and always have a repentive heart and a thankful heart towards our Lord God.

Additionally, in Ezekiel 36:22-26 our Lord God says "I do not do this for your sake, O House of Israel, but for My holy name's sake. . .And I will sanctify My great name. . .for I will take you from among the nations. . .then I will sprinkle clean water on you and you shall be clean. . .I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you." Our Lord God will never allow His name to be profaned indefinately. Verse 23 says "He will sanctify His great name." How? His word says He will forgive His covenant people their sins while giving them a new heart and a new spirit! Then they will become His people and He will be their God!! Hallelujah.

We serve a loving, forgiving and providing God who wants only the best for all of us including His original covenant people. As a result, it is important and ordained for us to pray the Word of God into reality for them especially in these prophetic days in which we live.

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You In His Care This Day And Each Day,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment