Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Future Of Israel - Series Conclusion

For the last five weeks our messages have focused on the Future of Israel with the book of Ezekiel as our primary source. We will conclude this series of messages concentrating on Jeremiah 31 where our Lord God states "He will make a new covenant with the House of Israel."

Jeremiah 31:31-34. . ."Behold, the days are coming, says The Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah - not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says The Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says The Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know The Lord,' for they all shall know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says The Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." This message is repeated in Hebrews 8:8-12, but our Lord adds in verse 13 "A new covenant has made the first obsolete."

There are four provisions in the new covenant - God's righteous law becomes an internal guide; He will be their God and they shall be His people; the Holy Spirit will be the special agent of God's blessings for His people; there will be complete cleansing of their sins. The new covenant is only made sure by the blood that Jesus shed on Calvery's Cross. Hallelujah!

Yes, the future is supernaturally glorious for all who become part of the new covenant by receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Well, when and how will this happen for God's old covenant people? Some have already come into the new covenant. Zechariah 13:9-10 says "In that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. . .then they will look on Me (their Messiah) whom they have pierced; they will mourn for Him as one mourns for His only Son." They will recognize Jesus as their Messiah and come into the new covenant. Praise The Lord! How many? Romans 11:26 says "All Israel will be saved."

Let us be those who continually boldly pray on a regular basis for more and more of God's old covenant people to come into the new covenant until their Messiah returns to earth.

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You In His Care This Day And Each Day,
Frank

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment