Thursday, March 29, 2018

God Gave And Jesus Came

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that HE GAVE His one and only Son, That whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." As we study this very familiar verse about salvation we might overlook that GOD GAVE His Son Jesus to all people. God sent His Son Jesus to earth with a specific assignment to address sin, salvation and eternal life. The old covenant established at Mt. Sinai created guidelines to live a life pleasing to God but did not address the three critical issues above.

Our message for this Holy Week will illustrate how Jesus, on assignment from God, CAME, obeying God and took part in the most important act in all of history. Hebrews 10:5-7 says,  "Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said: 'sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. Then I said, here I am - it is written about me in the scroll - I have come to do your will, O God.'" 
Jesus acknowledges HE CAME to do God's will; that God prepared His body to be sacrificed and that the offerings and sacrifices of animals did not forgive sins. 

Hebrews 10:9-10 says, "Then He said, 'here I am, I have come to do your will.' He set aside the first to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Again Jesus says HE CAME to do God's will; through His death and Resurrection He established a new blood covenant replacing the old blood covenant providing the opportunity for all, Jew and Gentile, to be sanctified. HALLELUJAH! 

JESUS CAME, obeyed and died on Calvary's Cross but God raised Him from the dead on the third day! How can we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and be guaranteed of salvation, forgiveness of sins and eternal life? Please pray this prayer with me: 

Jesus, I know I am a sinner and
that you died on the cross for me
and on the third day
God raised You from the dead. 
Please forgive me of my sins,
come into my life as my Lord and Savior
granting me eternal life.
Thank You, Jesus. Amen.

Make this Holy Week the most important week of your life. Bless His Holy Name,
Frank

   

No comments:

Post a Comment