Thursday, January 10, 2019

The God Of Israel - Part 5

This week we are continuing our series of messages about Jehovah God - The God Of Israel. The references for these messages are Isaiah 41-48 that illustrates the sovereignty and greatness of God past, present and future concerning His people Israel.

Looking at the first five verses of Isaiah 44 please note they are entitled "Israel The Chosen." Isaiah 44:1-2 says, "But now listen, O Jacob, My servant, Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what The Lord says - He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you; Do not be afraid, O Jacob, My servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen." 

How important is it for us to understand that Israel is God's Chosen People? It is extremely important especially in the days and times in which we live. Remember in our message last week we shared there are presently "False Teachers and False Prophets" in the church. Currently there are those who teach that the Church has replaced Israel resulting in Jehovah God rejecting His People Israel. This is known as Replacement Theology.

Replacement Theology cannot be any further from the Truth Of God's Word. Romans Chapter 11 mentions clearly three times that Jehovah God has not rejected His People Israel:

Vs. 1  "I ask then, Did God reject His people? By no means!"
Vs. 2  "God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew."
Vs. 11 "Again I ask, did they stumble so as to fall 
beyond recovery? Not at all!"

Isaiah 44:3 says, "I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring, and my blessings on your descendants." Jehovah God is going to pour out His Spirit on Jacob's descendants - Israel. When will this happen? To a degree this is already happening. There are more Messianic churches in Israel and around the world than ever before. Bless His Holy Name!

I also believe that Isaiah 44:3 ties in with Joel 2:28 where God says, "And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people." This Godly proclamation applies to all peoples. However, notice Joel 2:32 says, "And everyone who calls on the name of The Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance." Israel is involved in this pouring out of God's Spirit.

What is the result of God pouring out His Spirit in Israel? Joel 3:17 says, "Then you will know that I, The Lord your God, dwell in Zion, My Holy Hill. Jerusalem will be Holy; never again will foreigners invade her." 

Amen, Amen and Amen!

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Every Day,
Frank  

No comments:

Post a Comment