Thursday, January 24, 2019

The God Of Israel - Part 7

Isaiah 46:3-4 says, "Listen to me, O House of Jacob, all you who remain of the House of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

These are just two verses of the Word of God which contain numerous messages for His people at the time of their captivity in Babylon. We can also learn from the message today as we continue our series about the sovereignty and greatness of the God of Israel.

Jehovah God starts by saying, "Listen to Me all you who remain." God established His Covenant with His Chosen People at Mount Sinai through Moses as he spent 40 days and 40 nights with God. In Exodus 24:3 the Israelites responded and said, "Everything The Lord has said we will do."

As we study the Word of God we learn over and over that all of God's Chosen People did not keep the Conditional Covenant. This Covenant established by God at Mount Sinai was conditional on His People keeping His commandments. This did not always happen and God referred to them as a "Stiff - Necked People."

Does this apply to us today? We know that in the End Times the church will be referred to as an "Apostate Church" meaning there will be those who fall away from the church. Currently, this is happening as churches are closing and there are empty seats in many churches. My prayer for you this day is "Spend Quality Time With Jesus Each Day; Be Very Involved In Your Church And Be A Servant To Others."

After Jehovah God clearly illustrates there are those who do not keep His Covenants, He brings forth some very encouraging words. He says, "I upheld you since you were conceived and have carried you since your birth." God said to Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." We serve a loving, caring, sustaining God who is carrying us through all of life's situations - Good and Bad. Praise The Lord!

Lastly, God says in verse 4, "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you." This loving, caring and sustaining by Jehovah God starts at conception and lasts throughout the entire life of us who call upon The Name Of Jesus Christ As Our Lord And Savior!

What A Mighty God We Serve
Angels Bow Before Him
Heaven And Earth Adore Him
What A Mighty God We Serve

May The Lord Bless You This Day And Every Day,
Frank   

No comments:

Post a Comment