Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Book Of Joel

We have been studying The Book Of Joel for a number of weeks and have learned three truths from The Words Of God Himself:

He Will Judge His Own People

They Should Respond With Fasting, Repentance
 And Prayer Individually And Corporately

God Prophesied A Day Of The Lord Is Coming
 When He Will Pour Out His Spirit On All People


Joel 3:1,2 suddenly and dramatically illustrates Jehovah God will turn His judgement against the nations of the world, "In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgement against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land." At the same time of God's Judgement, He will bring deliverance to Israel and restore their fortunes. Bless His Holy Name!

God's Judgement against the nations of the world will be against any nation that has brought harm to Israel. The name Jehoshaphat actually means "The Lord Judges." God repeats this propheric word again in Joel 3:12, "Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side."

God's Covenant People - We need to listen to our God and obey! It is time for all of us to pray for the leaders of our countries. 1Timothy 2:1-2 says, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intersession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority."

May The Lord Bless You And Keep You This Day And Everyday,
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment