Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Jewish Messiah - Part Five

For Zion's Sake Ministry committed at the start of the New Year to present a series of messages confirming Jesus Christ as The Jewish Messiah. To date our messages have shown:

Jesus was reared in a Jewish home and was an observant Jewish adult
His birth announcement said He will save His People from their sins
Jehovah God announced Jesus will take care of all people
Prophetic words said Jesus will reign on David's throne forever

Our message this week will show Jesus celebrating Passover with His disciples just before His arrest. Matthew 26:27-28 says, "Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink from it all of you. For this is My blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.'" Notice Jesus referred to the cup and its contents as "My blood of the New Covenant." What does this mean?

Jehovah God proclaims in Jeremiah 31:31-34, "Behold, the days are coming, says The Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah - not according to the Covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My Covenant which they broke, thou I was a husband to them. But this is the Covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days. I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts and I will be their God and they shall be My people . . . for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will remember no more." God prophesied that He will bring about a New Covenant for the Jewish People to include forgiveness of their sins.

How did God bring about this New Covenant? Jesus died on a cross shedding His blood to establish the New Covenant for the Jewish People and all people resulting in Him forgiving their sins. This is why Jesus proclaimed during the Passover Meal with His disciples, "For this is My blood of the New Covenant which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Jesús Is The Jewish Messiah! Stay Tuned!

May The Lord Bless You This Day And Every Day,
Frank   

1 comment: