Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Time For Responsibility And Restraint

Israeli President Herzog called for calm and political co-operation over Judicial Reforms. This request came on the eve of the Tisha B'Av Fast in memory of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans 2,000 years ago. 

Religious Jews around the world observed a 24 Hour Fast between Wednesday night and Thursday night last week which was the anniversary of when in the year AD 70 the Temple was destroyed by Romans. This happened after much infighting among Jewish groups.

Currently in Israel, there are large demonstrations after the Knesset passed a portion of Judicial Reform. Segments of the Knesset has felt that the Supreme Court has had too much of an influence with the decisions made in the Knesset. This has resulted in the large demonstrations because some people feel the vote in the Knesset could result in ending the Supreme Court or at least limiting their influence.

Together, We Who Love Israel Need To

Pray Psalm 141 For Israel's Protection And Unity


Vs. 1 - Lord, I cry out to you; make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.

Vs. 2 - Let my prayer be set before You as incense.

Vs. 3 - Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Vs. 4 - Do not incline my heart to any evil thing.

Vs. 8 - But my eyes are upon You, O God The Lord.

Vs. 9 - Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me and from the traps of the workers of iniquity.

Vs. 10 - Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I escape safely.

Blessings,

Frank


   

No comments:

Post a Comment